Hi Sébastien, At the moment, there are buitin drivers for HandyTech displays and FreedomScientific Packmate.
But all this is very new, I guess there will be others. Some displays seem to work fine thru brltty, but I have problems with this Seika. I also have a problem with my office Braillex El 80 2d which does not seem to even be recoghized. Michel Such ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sébastien Hinderer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[email protected]> Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 4:16 PM Subject: Re: [BRLTTY] BRLTTY and Seika 40 display Hello Michel, > For some displays there are builtin drivers in NVDA, but most of them are > accessed thru a Windows port of BRLTTY. Just out of curiosity: for which devices does NVDA have builtin support ? > As NVDA communicates with brltty thru the brlapi interface I was wondering > if the ts driver was brlapi complliant (I read in the brlapi documentation > that it was necesary) For accessing the braile display and the keys present on braille device, nothing special is required from drivers, so they all have the same degree of usability. The only part that requires driver co-operation is the one involving packet-level communication, which is seful e.g. for implementing file ransfer protocols. Nice to see NVDA uses BrlAPI ! Sébastien. _______________________________________________ This message was sent via the BRLTTY mailing list. To post a message, send an e-mail to: [email protected] For general information, go to: http://mielke.cc/mailman/listinfo/brltty _______________________________________________ This message was sent via the BRLTTY mailing list. To post a message, send an e-mail to: [email protected] For general information, go to: http://mielke.cc/mailman/listinfo/brltty
