Hi: On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 11:26:13AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote: > [quoted lines by Labrador on 2010/05/08 at 16:55 +0200] > > >as long as I kept Serial: as param for the braille-device > >in the Ubuntu Lucid brltty.conf instead of /dev/ttyS0, my Alva ABT380 wasn't > >starting, even if the RUN_BRLTTY=yes in /etc/default/brltty. > > Please post an exact example of what doesn't work and of what does work.
What doesn't work is: braille-device serial: # First serial device. What does work: braille-device /dev/ttyS0 # First serial device. I was supposing serial: does it automatically, but it seems it isn't serial 1 nor 2. >Also, > it'd be helpful if you could post a debug log for when it's not working. BrlTty is OK, it's only a confusion in the conf file: maybe a better documented # braille-device section should help make it clear. sorry. What I did was killing brltty then retyping manually /sbin/brltty -b al -d /dev/ttyS0 -t de So mistake was mine but I was confused by the standalone serial: in brltty.conf. Labrador _______________________________________________ This message was sent via the BRLTTY mailing list. To post a message, send an e-mail to: [email protected] For general information, go to: http://mielke.cc/mailman/listinfo/brltty
