Hi, >From what I've understood reading the documentation, the serial: keyword is optional. Thus, from my thoughts: braille-device ttyS0 # works braille-device serial:ttyS0 # works braille-device serial: # doesn't work I've installed ubuntu 10.04 with brltty 4.1 and when I write braille-device serial: it doesn't work. But as Dave said, serial: should also work too. What is the right answer? Is there a misunderstanding from mine?
Thanks. Best regards, Sérgio Neves ----- Original Message ----- From: "Labrador" <[email protected]> To: "Informal discussion between users and developers of BRLTTY." <[email protected]> Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2010 10:08 AM Subject: Re: [BRLTTY] v. 4.1 - bug in brltty.conf On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 03:41:46PM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote: > I'm not understanding. serial: should work just fine. Absolutely no, sorry. Note: my ABT380 display is really serial, not serial to usb or so. The desktop PC have only one serial slot. Modified as I did (/dev/ttyS0) worked immediately, even after rebooting. >It should mean the first > serial device, i.e. ttyS0. Yes I understand, but it isn't working/starting automatically. Note: that Ubuntu o s is a Hardy migrated to Lucid, but I can't imagine that there should be a buggy situation with brltty; if it was so then even trying with /dev/ttyS0 hadn't worked, but it did it right immediately! >If that doesn't work then something is wrong. > > Specifying something like /dev/ttyS0 is the old way to do it which > shouldn't > really be used any more. Is there a way I can check out how does the /dev/*** (serial) connection is made and if it's OK? is it called /dev/serial or /dev/tty with no number or otherwise ? >The right way is serial:ttyS0 (or whatever the correct > device is), with just serial: meaning the first device (ttyS0). I will ty with serial: again, adding ttyS0 as you suggest, and see if that will work. Feedback later today. Have a pretty sunday! Labrador _______________________________________________ This message was sent via the BRLTTY mailing list. To post a message, send an e-mail to: [email protected] For general information, go to: http://mielke.cc/mailman/listinfo/brltty _______________________________________________ This message was sent via the BRLTTY mailing list. To post a message, send an e-mail to: [email protected] For general information, go to: http://mielke.cc/mailman/listinfo/brltty
