Tom, I'm trying to get a display working with ubuntu with your setup. How did you do it?
Thanks, David. -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Tom Masterson Sent: 15 June 2011 22:37 To: Informal discussion between users and developers of BRLTTY. Subject: Re: [BRLTTY] usb to serial adapter? I got mine to work finally. Helps when you read all the literature but it works pretty well with Ubuntu. Tom On Wed, 15 Jun 2011, David Reynolds wrote: > Tom, > > I have a prolific adaptor, and once installed, it allocates a serial port to > itself, in my case, com5. This works under windows, but I'm not sure what > happens with Linux etc. > > David. > > -----Original Message----- > From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf > Of Tom Masterson > Sent: 15 June 2011 21:52 > To: Informal discussion between users and developers of BRLTTY. > Subject: [BRLTTY] usb to serial adapter? > > I have to send my usb device in for repairs and the only back up I have is > my Alva 34D. The computer does not have a serial port but obviously has > usb ports. Is ther a way using a usb to serial adapter to make is so > brltty can talk to my ALva? If so is there a recommended adapter? > > Tom > _______________________________________________ > This message was sent via the BRLTTY mailing list. > To post a message, send an e-mail to: [email protected] > For general information, go to: http://mielke.cc/mailman/listinfo/brltty > > _______________________________________________ > This message was sent via the BRLTTY mailing list. > To post a message, send an e-mail to: [email protected] > For general information, go to: http://mielke.cc/mailman/listinfo/brltty > _______________________________________________ This message was sent via the BRLTTY mailing list. To post a message, send an e-mail to: [email protected] For general information, go to: http://mielke.cc/mailman/listinfo/brltty _______________________________________________ This message was sent via the BRLTTY mailing list. To post a message, send an e-mail to: [email protected] For general information, go to: http://mielke.cc/mailman/listinfo/brltty
