> On Jun 2, 2016, at 10:56 AM, Siwek, Jon <jsi...@illinois.edu> wrote:
>
> Related to “pkg” or “package” naming: if that terminology gets used, what
> would be done about the classic/existing usage of the term “package” within
> Bro?
>
> “Package” is currently used to refer to any collection of Bro scripts within
> a common directory.  Just scripts, nothing else.  Meaning a “package”, as it
> exists now, isn’t something that the new "package manager” would know how to
> deal with.
>
> I don’t think it’s a good idea to let the term be overloaded in the
> documentation and possibly internal naming conventions in Bro code.  Not that
> it can’t be changed, but just wondering if it’s already been decided that
> making those changes would not be a big deal.

Good question. Let me look into how hard it would be to change that.

------

Adam J. Slagell
Chief Information Security Officer
Director, Cybersecurity Division
www.slagell.info

"Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), any written
communication to or from University employees regarding University business is
a public record and may be subject to public disclosure."