dear teman,

mohon dihentikan persoalan debat penganut kristen
khuatir masalah ini merebet ke yg lain
karena kebakaran besar dimulai dari api yg kecil

saya kutip berita hari ini dari wall street journal kejadian
di Malyasia

saya mengkhuatirkan nantinya yg susah saudara saudara kita sendiri
kalo sudah rame yg dilihat bukan lagi kristen, islam atau pencinta budaya
saya giris mengingat peristiwa Mei 1998

wassalam

By JAMES HOOKWAY and CELINE FERNANDEZ
KUALA LUMPUR – Malaysia's government is scrambling to calm tensions in this
multi-ethnic nation after attackers fire-bombed three churches early on Friday
morning, escalating a potentially explosive argument over whether Christians
can use the Arabic word Allah.
Nobody was hurt in the pre-dawn attacks, and only one of the churches suffered
serious damage. But government leaders warned that they might employ the
country's strict Internal Security Act, which allows for detention without
trial, to ease the situation.
View Full ImageAssociated Press
Kuala Lumpur police officers inspect the damage to the Metro Tabernacle Church
which was destroyed by a fire bomb a little after midnight in the Kuala Lumpur
suburb of Desa Melawati, Friday, Jan. 8, 2010.

More
        * Malaysia Suspends 'Allah' Ruling
        * Opinion: The Politics of 'Allah'
Prime Minister Najib Razak – who had previously been supportive of Muslim
protests against a Dec. 31 court ruling that allowed Roman Catholics to refer
to Allah in Malay-language sections of their weekly newspaper – called for calm
and warned that Malaysians should avoid blaming his government for inspiring
Friday's attacks.
"There should be no over-zealous action that can harm the harmony of the
country," Mr. Najib said.
Political analysts say Mr. Najib is attempting to tread a fine line between
wooing the support of Malaysia's large ethnic-Chinese and Indian minorities,
who make up around 40% of the country's population, and maintaining the support
of an ethnic-Malay majority that has become increasingly defined by its Islamic
faith in recent years.
Mr. Najib needs the support of Malaysia's minority groups to regain ground lost
to the opposition in 2008's national election, when the ruling National Front
lost its two-thirds majority in parliament for the first time in decades.
The High Court's decision on New Year's Eve to overturn a three-year-old
government ban on the Catholic Herald newspaper's use of the term Allah has
created a fresh fault-line between rule of law and a growing Islamist movement
in a country long considered to be a moderate Muslim nation. How Mr. Najib
handles the controversy could determine whether he is returned to power in
national elections that have to be held by 2013.
View Full ImageAssociated Press
A Muslim man shouts slogans during a protest against the use of the word
"Allah" by non-Muslims after Friday prayer at National Mosque in Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia, Friday, Jan. 8, 2010.

The court verdict – which the
 government has appealed – ruled that Malay-speaking Christians have a
constitutional right to refer to God as Allah. Malay language doesn't have an
exact translation for the concept of one single deity, and Malays and
indigenous tribes borrowed the term Allah from Arab traders in the 12th
century. Today, many Malay-speaking Christians from Sabah and Sarawak states on
the island of Borneo frequently use the term, as do Indonesian Christians and
Christians in Arabic-speaking countries in the Middle East.
Many Malaysian Muslims, however, say the term is exclusive to Islam, and on
Friday several hundred held a noisy, though brief protest at mosque in downtown
Kuala Lumpur, chanting "Allahu Akbar", or God is the greatest, as scores of
police looked on warily.
"For non-Muslims to use this word is an unnecessary provocation," said Faisal
Aziz, president of the National Union of Malaysian Muslim Students and one of
the protest organizers.
The worst of the damage from the pre-dawn church attacks was at the Protestant
Metro Tabernacle Church in a Kuala Lumpur suburb. Its first floor office was
destroyed in the arson attack. Molotov cocktails were also thrown into the
compounds of two other churches, including one belonging to the Catholic
Assumption Church. The parish priest there, the Rev. Philip Muthu, said the
church sometimes using the term Allah in some of its Malay-language services.
The Malaysian judiciary's main Web site, meanwhile, was attacked by hackers
shortly before the church attacks. A hacker calling him or herself "Brainwash"
replaced the site's main page with a message warning non-Muslims to avoid using
the term Allah, saying it is "restricted to Muslims only".
Write to James Hookway at james.hook...@wsj.com and Celine Fernandez at
celine.fernan...@wsj.com