Title: Share knowledge at  Buddhi Base

Messages In This Digest (2 Messages)

Messages

1.

This is so true in the 21st century (Funny)

Posted by: "muthu veerappan pr" [EMAIL PROTECTED]   muthu_manaparai

Sun Nov 5, 2006 8:50 pm (PST)

21stCentury...

Our communication - Wireless

Our dress - Topless

Our telephone - Cordless

Our cooking - Fireless

Our youth - Jobless

Our food - Fatless

Our labour - Effortless

Our conduct - Worthless

Our relation - Loveless

Our attitude - Careless

Our feelings - Heartless

Our politics - Shameless

Our education - Valueless

Our follies - Countless

Our arguments - Baseless

Our boss - Brainless

Our Job - Thankless

Our Salary - Veryless

2.

Request for Donations for Work and Projects In Cambodia

Posted by: "John Kimbrough" [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sun Nov 5, 2006 8:50 pm (PST)

Request for Donations for Work and Projects In
Cambodia

In beginning this request, I would as always, like to
thank those people who have made and pledged donations
in the past and also expressed a moral and emotional
appreciation of and support for my work and projects
in Cambodia.

With the year coming to an end, I am not sure of what
changes may take place in the coming year, but as of
now I am planning on continuing this work for the
coming year and years. I am hoping and planning on
being able to make a greater commitment to my work
there over the next few months and coming year.

Many of our original ideas and hopes for this project
have not been realized but that does not mean that
they have denied or been abandoned.

Other things have come up that can take our attention
away from and ability to work to these goals and
objectives, while other ideas and projects have been
realized.

Our current work consists of the following.

· Daily Yoga classes in the local provincial prison
located in the capital of Banteay Meanchey Province.
This is a town of about 25,000 inhabitants known as
Sereisophan. These classes are held Monday to Friday
at 9 a.m. and consist of lecture and posture and
meditation practice over approximately a one-hour
period.

· Yoga classes for individuals who have been disabled
by land mine explosions or are suffering from other
handicaps caused by birth defects and injuries. These
classes are usually held two nights a week during the
time that I am in Sereisophan at a local center where
they are being trained in skills that they can use to
make a living for themselves and their family in their
village upon the finishing up of the course and
classes there. The Yoga classes are usually 40 to
fifty minutes long. We are hoping to start a weekend
class in the future as we think this is a good time
for them to practice, as they are free from their
classes on these days.

· We still have intentions and a hope to teach Yoga to
other groups of people that we think will benefit from
it, primarily battered and abandoned women and women
in the sex trade. However, our efforts to implement
such classes at this time are stymied because I am not
able to stay in Cambodia all of the time.

· Our other work regards assisting people in improving
their English language ability and for those who wish
to be English language teachers, providing them with
the knowledge and training them in the skills that are
needed in such a profession.

· We also do a short and informal training program
that trains young learners, mostly women at this time,
how to use both the internet and E-mail. We have also
contacted a number of people in the west who have
shown an interest in being pen pals with these people.

· We are hoping and planning to bring four young
learners who are currently English language teachers
or wish to be English language teachers in the future
to Phenm Phen, Cambodia for the 2007 Camtesol
conference. This is a annual conference of
professional teachers of English in Cambodia who are
both native and non - native speakers of English that
can provide those who wish to enter the English
language teaching profession with both needed and
interesting insight, knowledge and skills about their
profession.

We are in need of donations for the year 2007 so that
this writer and teacher can devote himself fully to
this work and make attempts to implement this work in
such a way that it will reach more people and be more
fruitful for all involved.

It should be pointed out that Cambodia is far from
being a “basket case” as it is at present one of the
world’s fastest growing economies, but there are
people there who can benefit from the work that we are
doing.

Those of us who are knowledgeable about Yoga and life
realize that economic growth does not in itself bring
happiness and health and many times an obsession with
it or the confusing and alluring aspects associated
with it can create conditions for worry, depression,
anxiety, anger and other mental and physical health
related conditions and problems.

If you would like to make a donation to my work and
various projects in Cambodia, you may look over the
remittance instructions attached to this E-mail.

Donations are used for the following:

· Providing myself with the means for food, lodging
and other living expenses

· Paying a small salary to those who translate for me
in the performance of this work

· Providing material and information on Yoga written
in Khmer for distribution to the learners in addition
to mats for them to practice on

· Providing material and the necessary teaching for
those seeking to improve their English and learn more
about the profession of English language teaching

· Providing money so that learners can take computer
courses and also learn how to use both the internet
and e-mail

· Providing money in order to facilitate the
acquisition of books and other material for prisoners
and others in need of such a thing

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions
regarding this work, or would like to know more about
my background and myself, please feel free to contact
me.

Thank you for your interest in and attention to this
matter and E-mail.

Yours in Yoga,

John

(http://voice.yahoo.com)

New business?

Get new customers.

List your web site

in Yahoo! Search.

Yahoo! Mail

Get it all!

With the all-new

Yahoo! Mail Beta

Y! Messenger

Instant smiles

Share photos while

you IM friends.

Need to Reply?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BuddhiBase
http://www.buddhibase.org

To subscribe, send an blank email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

BuddhiBase Team (Muthu Veerappan, Mohamed Nisar & Vivekhanandam)