Title: Share knowledge at  Buddhi Base

Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

1.
A Day of Memories and Realizations From: John Kimbrough

Message

1.

A Day of Memories and Realizations

Posted by: "John Kimbrough" [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:24 am (PST)

A Day of Memories and Realizations

This writer has, like most people, a daily routine
that he is comfortable and familiar with. But like
most people, getting caught up in this daily routine
can be something that leads one to states of mind and
perception that can be shallow. Sometimes we need to
or benefit from breaking out of our routine in that we
see or are made mindful about other people and things
in our environment and the world.

I had a chance to once again be reminded of this when
one recent morning I went to a local woman in my
neighborhood in Bangkok who makes clothing. I had
bought some material so she could make me some new
shirts for my work and teaching in both Thailand and
Cambodia.

While waiting for her to open her small shop, I sat
and watched the local Thai people go about their
morning activities or go off to work or school.

It was interesting to see people that I had not seen
in some time and notice how they had changed over the
years. The was the young woman, now in the university,
that I still remember from when she was only five
years old. There was another woman, heading off to
work, who has always been friendly and smiling to me
whenever she saw me over the years. She looked thinner
and healthier then in the past, which made me think
that she was doing well and was happy. There was the
man who for all of his married life has had a wife who
was demanding and dissatisfied and who had cheated on
him with different men a number of times, but he was
still as calm and friendly as he had always been.

Life is by its very nature a thing that can be very
humbling and in reality we have little or no control
over it. We can only make our mind and body strong and
focused, and try to live life in a wise and meaningful
manner.

Regardless of what our current circumstances or
situation is, we can look at and act and react to
others with a degree of understanding, compassion and
respect. We can appreciate their effort and
achievements. It is not so difficult at all to do
this.

©2006 John C. Kimbrough

Yours in Yoga,

John

Want to start your own business?
Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Ads on Yahoo!

Learn more now.

Reach customers

searching for you.

Yahoo! Mail

Next gen email?

Try the all-new

Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Y! Messenger

PC-to-PC calls

Call your friends

worldwide - free!

Need to Reply?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BuddhiBase
http://www.buddhibase.org

To subscribe, send an blank email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

BuddhiBase Team (Muthu Veerappan, Mohamed Nisar & Vivekhanandam)