On 2005-07-31 James Youngman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: [...] > cvs -z3 -d:ext:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/findutils \ > co -rfts-conversion findutils
> Then you need to follow the simple instructions in the README-CVS file > to compile the findutils code. When building the code, don't forget > to say "configure --with-fts". Otherwise you're testing the old code! [...] Hello, this fails to build from source for me. GCC4 quits on: gcc -g -O2 -o find ftsfind.o ./libfindtools.a ../lib/libfind.a ../gnulib/lib/libgnulib.a if gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../gnulib/lib -I../lib -I../gnulib/lib -I../intl -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -g -O2 -MT find.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/find.Tpo" -c -o find.o find.c; \ then mv -f ".deps/find.Tpo" ".deps/find.Po"; else rm -f ".deps/find.Tpo"; exit 1; fi find.c:89: error: static declaration of 'default_prints' follows non-static declaration defs.h:523: error: previous declaration of 'default_prints' was here If I make default_prints static in defs.h *or* use gcc3 I only get a little it farther on to: make[3]: Entering directory `/tmp/findutils-rfts-conversion/find' gcc -g -O2 -o find ftsfind.o ./libfindtools.a ../lib/libfind.a ../gnulib/lib/libgnulib.a ftsfind.o(.text+0x8c7): In function `main': /tmp/findutils-rfts-conversion/find/ftsfind.c:428: undefined reference to `default_prints' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status "autoreconf -i" is also not happy, this might be connected: *prompt* autoreconf -i m4/withfts.m4:1: warning: underquoted definition of FIND_WITH_FTS run info '(automake)Extending aclocal' or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending%20aclocal autoreconf: configure.in: AM_GNU_GETTEXT is used, but not AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION configure.in:7: installing `./config.guess' configure.in:7: installing `./config.sub' doc/Makefile.am:1: installing `doc/mdate-sh' (the second warning, the one about AM_GNU_GETTEXT, is probaly harmless, it happens with vanilla findutils, too.) cu andreas -- "See, I told you they'd listen to Reason," [SPOILER] Svfurlr fnlf, fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha. Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash" http://downhill.aus.cc/ _______________________________________________ Bug-findutils mailing list [email protected] http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-findutils
