Update of bug #68716 (group groff):

                Severity:             5 - Blocker => 3 - Normal
                  Status:                    None => Confirmed
             Assigned to:                    None => gbranden
         Planned Release:                    None => 1.25.0
                 Summary: POSIX make: any rule for a target disables any
single-suffix rule for it => doc/doc.am: per POSIX, any rule for a target
disables any single-suffix rule for it

    _______________________________________________________

Follow-up Comment #2:

Stepping severity down to "Normal".  This isn't a blocker, at least not on the
basis _groff_'s build system is using Make in a non-POSIX-conforming way.  We
_can_ release without a fix for this, but I would _prefer_ not to, thus
setting status to "Confirmed" and updating "Planned Release" to 1.25.0.

Put differently, there is no onus in the _groff_ project to build with any
Make but GNU Make.

I _choose_ to support BSD Make, and try to confine myself to POSIX Issue 8
Make features, because I'm a terribly nice guy.  ;-)


    _______________________________________________________

Reply to this item at:

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?68716>

_______________________________________________
Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to