> Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2026 23:31:21 +0200
> From: Patrice Dumas <[email protected]>
> 
> 1) there is a test with -o /dev/null and --split-size 1, to make sure that
>    the resuting Info file is non-split.  /dev/null is substituted by the
>    platform null device in the main program (in tests), and if the output
>    file name is the platform null device non-split is supposed to be
>    chosen in conversion to Info.  The test fails both for Perl with XS
>    and ctexi2any, the Info file remains split.

I the "-o /dev/null" is in a shell scvript, then the MSYS2 Bash will
convert that to the native Windows null device when invoking MinGW
texi2any.  So in that case there's no reason to replace /dev/null, and
maybe the fact that you do causes the problem (but I didn't look at
the code or the failures, so apologies if what I say makes no sense).

>    It is unexpected since the null device is supposed to be the same
>    in the main program code and in the conversion to Info code.
>    Also, strangely, in C, the "NUL" string is used, but "nul" appears in the
>    error message, although I see nothing in the code that would lowercase
>    the name.

See above: maybe MSYS2 did the job for you?

> 2) the translation of document strings fail both for Perl+XS and
>    ctexi2any.  (They succeed in the tta/perl/t/*.t tests.)

What do you mean by "translation of document strings" and what are
the details of the failures?

> 3) some tests with ctexi2any crash, but there is no message/dump I can
>    see/use.

The way to debug this is run the crashing command under GDB.

> Unless I have an access to this platform I do not intend to fix those
> issues, as they are only possible or much easier to investigate with
> direct access.

Right.

I guess the next release will bring a lot of excitement...

  • rema... Patrice Dumas
    • ... Eli Zaretskii
      • ... Patrice Dumas
        • ... Eli Zaretskii
          • ... Bruno Haible via Bug reports for the GNU Texinfo documentation system
            • ... Patrice Dumas
              • ... Eli Zaretskii
                • ... Patrice Dumas
                • ... Bruno Haible via Bug reports for the GNU Texinfo documentation system
                • ... Patrice Dumas
                • ... Eli Zaretskii
                • ... Patrice Dumas

Reply via email to