Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Now, could someone explain to me why a select list of individuals should
> get an earlier warning?

I think this is the crux of the matter. Before you can say that this
is a good idea, you first have to show that some people should get
early notice. Quite frankly, I can see a *very* strong argument in
favor of the root servers, CCTLD, &c operators getting advance
notice. I can't think of *any* good reason for anyone else to get
it. Sun, HP, IBM -- none of those are critical infrastructure.

So, my question to Paul and company is: Why *should* anyone other than
critical infrastructure get that notice? I'm willing to be convinced;
I just haven't seen an answer to this question yet. And note that
'They bitched and screamed because we didn't notify them this time'
isn't a good enough reason.

Shalon Wood