> From: Bugtraq List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Raju
> Mathur

> I'm no Microsoft lover, but
> what if ISC decides that MS doesn't get to be part of the BMG (BIND
> doesn't ship with Windows by default, does it?)?

Microsoft's implementation of DNS isn't based on BIND at all. IIRC, none of
the bugs that have shown up in BIND in at least the last 2-3 years have also
shown up in Microsoft's DNS server. A number of news reports covering this
latest bug have confused this issue as they apparently think all DNS
implementations are BIND. I don't know the current status, but I seem to
recall a Win32 port of BIND, so I'd guess it could at least theoretically be
running on NT.