Hi,

Is it big deal to move /bin/ip to /sbin/ip?

My problem is this:
I use busybox for my distro with vserver support. The vserver package is
built on a standard gentoo uclibc. I suspect the util-vserver build
scripts check what is the location for various programs, inclusive
iproute2. The location is stored in
a /usr/lib/util-vserver/util-vserver-vars file.

So why do I just not change this file in my util-vserver package? Well,
in some installations the busybox ip will be enough, in others the user
will install the original iproute2. Here comes the problems, specially
since everything is unapcked from a package to a tmpfs during boot. The
tools only make sure /etc survive reboots. the rest is extracted from
cdrom.

It would be a lot easier for me to have the ip application in the same
place as the original iproute2. In fact it makes things alot more easy
to have the busybox applications in the same place as the original apps.
(not first time i meet this kind of problems)

-nc