Ed W wrote:
On 14/06/2011 11:31, Lauri Kasanen wrote:
While fixing this issue wouldn't make a huge difference in my case, it
would seem to have a measurable effect nonetheless.
I guess for the big effect I should wait for the mentioned module loader
work.

A quick way to benchmark the difference would be to add a newish
module-init-tools binary to your system and measure the speed increase?
"proper" modprobe on my x86 system is 30KB

A quick way to benchmark this is to reduce the size of the modules file. As most of the time is spent parsing this file, reducing the size should result in a significant speedup.

You wrote earlier that your modules.alias is 137KB. How many modules do you have in that file? I have just 34kB for a full PC Linux.

Ralf