Eial Czerwacki wrote:
On 07/08/2012 01:57 PM, Ralf Friedl wrote:
Eial Czerwacki wrote:
On 07/08/2012 01:27 PM, Ralf Friedl wrote:
Looking at the source busybox-1.19.2/networking/nslookup.c it's simply
not possible that the output of system 1 comes from busybox 1.19.2.
but still I do see two distinct outputs on the same busybox.
Please verify that it is really the same busybox.
Call "busybox" to get the version information, and "busybox nslookup skynet" to
get the output.
same usb mass storage device on two different systems
What I don't understand is why you even consider some kB significant if you have an USB storage device.

So it seems that you don't want to do what I suggested. If it is the same binary, as you write, I'm sure you would find that you get the same output in both cases. Well, if it's not important for you why you get different outputs from supposedly the same program, and prefer to blame it on the DHCP server, or the phase of the moon, I don't see why it should be more important to other people.

I'll give you one last advice anyway.
The output of your system 1 looks exactly like the output from bind-utils nslookup. So it seems that your system 1 uses a different nslookup program.

Ralf