Rob, several years ago we bought one of these and it has done very well when
the weather is too bad for DISH satellite to work.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017O3UHI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie
=UTF8&psc=1

From:  Scott Medbury via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org>
Date:  Friday, October 3, 2014 at 7:44 PM
To:  "'McClure, Rob K'" <rob.mccl...@c-a-m.com>, 'BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR
RADIO CLUB' <bvarc@bvarc.org>
Subject:  Re: [BVARC] Recommendation for TV antenna?

Rob,

Radio Shack and others have some very good quality compact TV antennas that
will fit the bill. They have one that looks like rabbit ears on a Vicks
cough drop for indoor use. There are out door versions also that you could
use that provide some gain also.

73 de Scott  KD5FBA

Scott Medbury
ARRL
AMSAT #33657
B-VARC (Brazos Valley Amateur Radio Club)
10-10 International #77047

Scott Medbury
16802 Aprilmont Drive
Sugar Land, TX 77498-1941