sorry to not answer during contest...got going in simi ragchew contest mode on
VHF and no assist per repeaters, reflectors ect. My big whooping score was 22
contacts and 5 city mults....It was fun. 73 Bill
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rob McClure
  To: BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB ; Bill Stone
  Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2014 2:08 PM
  Subject: Re: [BVARC] VHF simplex Local contest

  Hello,

  I might get in for the tail end of this. What is the exchange?

  73 Rob KC5RET

  On Oct 4, 2014 10:48 AM, "Bill Stone via BVARC" <bvarc@bvarc.org> wrote:

    I will be on air today between 1PM -5PM ( on and off) to give points in the
VHF simplex local contest. 146.400-146.58 and 147.420-147.570. Remember that
146.520 should not be used in the contest as is the national simplex call freq.
The power limit is 50 watts and QRP low power catagory only up to 5 watts. If
you live in a city other than Houston like Bellaire, South Side Place, Hedwig
Village ect you will be a sought after multiplier in the contest. Please help
support this local club contest sponsored by KARS and help some of our newer
Hams that may only at this time have a VHF radio to get the feel and excitement
of contest.

    Be Lookin For You In the Log

    73 Bill WS5H