I miss the IRLP user access we had on the old machine
73 Bill WS5H
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: WILLIS COOKE via BVARC
  To: Michael Wrenn ; Ravi Ratnala ; BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
  Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2015 4:12 PM
  Subject: Re: [BVARC] Knowledge / Opinions about Digital / D-Star / C4FM
(System Fusion)?

  The only reason that Glen tried Fusion was that Yaesu gave TDXS a repeater.
TDXS has trouble finding users for our repeaters for normal voice.  I seldom
get a QSO on one of our repeaters.  The only time we had much traffic was when
34/94 was being revamped and BVARC used our repeaters.  I am afraid that the
way for hams to communicate in the future is commercial cell phone.  Of course
HT to HT does work still if you plan ahead and bring an extra HT to give to the
ham you want to talk to.

  Willis 'Cookie' Cooke,
  BVARC MSWE Chairman, 2014 & 2015

  TDXS Contest Chairman