From: mark janzer [mailto:k5...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 1:19 PM
To: eric.j.l...@gmail.com; Rick Hiller -- W5RH <wn3...@gmail.com>;
kf5...@gmail.com; Philip Hudson <phud...@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: [BVARC] License Class for Boy Scouts

I'll defer to Rick as to the class length.

Eric, what are your thoughts on adding an hour or two to the Tuesday meeting,
for several weeks, for a radio session? Would that be too much time for the
kids on a school night?

As to cost for license study, there is the ARRL book at $29, the instructor
discount gets the price down to $25. Amazon has the book for $23 (plus
shipping).

Another alternative, which may be more adaptable to the scouts schedule, is
have them do a combined course of live sessions and online tutoring. This might
be better for achieving both the merit badge and a license.

Check out "Ham It Forward"

HamItForward - A better way to Elmer people into ham radio!
<http://www.hamradiolicenseexam.com/ham-it-forward.htm>

HamItForward - A better way to Elmer people into ham radio!

Let the computer handle the drudgery of exam preparation, freeing hamstructors
to Elmer the students into ham ra...

A book for each student may not then be needed, and the cost is $20 (minimum
5).  Thoughts?

73

Mark

K5MGJ