Gary,

I wasn't aware there was another design in use, other than the Spiderbeam.
I like the hexagonal design as it seems to shed the wind better.

I am more comfortable with buying one already built, but I will indeed be
using a choke balun.

I had never heard about the interference between 10 and 12... Do you know
how much 10 is impaired?

I may have something for you. Have you ever heard of Textenna Tex Hex
hexbeam?

I just found out about them today. Evidently they WERE sold by Texas Towers
but I got an email today from a rep at TT that Textenna was selling direct.
Here's the info if you don't want to wait for me:

The man you need to talk to is Herb Welch. He can be reached at (214)
808-6624.

Thanks for chiming in Gary, the more info I have the better decision I can
make.

I'll be pulling the trigger on this sometime in the next 4 weeks.

Have you decided on what you're going to mount your hexbeam? Right now
unless something easier comes along, I'm going to use a Spiderbeam 47' HD
mast and put the rotator at the bottom and turn the entire thing.   I may
be moving in the next 3 to 5 years and I don't want to install anything I
can easily take with me.

73, Rob, KC5RET