Hello!

My dad was SK K5LBU/Frosty. Anyhow, my son Charlie is in BSA Troop 1424 here
in Missouri City. He and some of the other Scouts are working on the Merit
Badge Signs, Signals, and Code. Part of the MB requires learning about Morse
code and sending/receiving code.

Do the following:

a.      Describe what Morse code is and the various means by which it can be
sent. Spell your first name using Morse code. Send or receive a message of
six to 10 words using Morse code.

I am woefully inadequate with Morse. I do have my license (KA2UCA) but don't
use it.  I know there are apps for learning Morse code. Is there one that is
better than the other? Our next MB class meeting is sometime in June via
Zoom for now. Anyone interested in Elmering about 4 boys about old school
Morse code?

Let me know! Thanks a bunch.

 Yours in Scouting,

Elizabeth J White