From Wikipedia

*Zoom Video Communications, Inc.*(*Zoom*) is an American communications technology company headquartered inSan Jose, California <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Jose,_California>. It providesvideotelephony <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Videotelephony>andonline chat <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_chat>services through a cloud-basedpeer-to-peer <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer-to-peer>software platform and is used forteleconferencing <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teleconference>,telecommuting <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommuting>,distance education <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distance_education>, andsocial relations <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_relation>.^[2] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoom_Video_Communications#cite_note-10K-2> ^[3] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoom_Video_Communications#cite_note-zoomnow-3> Zoom's business strategy focuses on providing an easier to use product than competitors, as well as cost savings, which include minimizing computational costs at the infrastructure level and having a high degree of employee efficiency.^[2] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoom_Video_Communications#cite_note-10K-2> ^[4] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoom_Video_Communications#cite_note-The_DBT_News_2020-4>

Eric Yuan <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Yuan>, a formerCisco Webex <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisco_Webex>engineer and executive, founded Zoom in 2011, and launched its software in 2013.^[5] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoom_Video_Communications#cite_note-backstory-5> Zoom's aggressive revenue growth, and perceived ease-of-use and reliability of its software, resulted in a $1 billion valuation in 2017, making it a "unicorn <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicorn_(finance)>" company.^[6] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoom_Video_Communications#cite_note-Ray_2020-6> The company first became profitable in 2019.^[7] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoom_Video_Communications#cite_note-7> ^[4] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoom_Video_Communications#cite_note-The_DBT_News_2020-4> In 2019, the company completed aninitial public offering <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_public_offering>.^[8] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoom_Video_Communications#cite_note-value-8> The company joined theNASDAQ-100 <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASDAQ-100>stock index on April 30, 2020.^[9] <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoom_Video_Communications#cite_note-9>

Yes Zoom has data centers in China.  Meetings initiated in other countries are probably not being automatically routed through China unless there are participants there.  If you are worried about it as a host, you can specify what countries your meetings can use.  I checked on of my accounts today and by default China is unchecked.  You need to have a paid account to access this option

On 6/22/2020 12:33 PM, Will Gray via BVARC wrote:
Any search of the web: Business Insider for one.

Will
KB7QL

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 11:47 AM Keith Dutson via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org <mailto:bvarc@bvarc.org>> wrote:

    Please post your source for this information.  Thanks.

    73, Keith NM5G

    *From:* BVARC <bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org
    <mailto:bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org>> *On Behalf Of *Will Gray via BVARC
    *Sent:* Monday, June 22, 2020 11:29 AM
    *To:* BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB <bvarc@bvarc.org
    <mailto:bvarc@bvarc.org>>
    *Cc:* Will Gray <wpgra...@gmail.com <mailto:wpgra...@gmail.com>>
    *Subject:* Re: [BVARC] Update on Houston ECHO Society

    I find it disturbing that China owns/operates ZOOM with the
    servers in China.

    Will KB7QL

    On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 10:53 AM Chris Heustis via BVARC
    <bvarc@bvarc.org <mailto:bvarc@bvarc.org>> wrote:

        This was a good presentation during the Zoom meeting, but
        there were several questions regarding the history of the call
        sign system itself.

        There is a QST article from '94 that does a pretty good job.

https://archive.org/details/AnOverviewOfAmateurCallSignsPastAndPresent/mode/1up?q=X

         '73

        Chris Heustis

        W5GX

        On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 5:28 PM Jimmy Vance via BVARC