I used this with success:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0045EQUBK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Amazon.com: Tram 1185 Amateur Dual-Band Magnet Antenna: Car
Electronics<https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0045EQUBK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1>
Buy Tram 1185 Amateur Dual-Band Magnet Antenna: Radio Antennas - Amazon.com ✓
FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
smile.amazon.com

After a while, I wanted something more permanent, but also did not want to
drill.  I have a 4Runner, so ended up using this NMO mount on the rear door, on
the back corner of the vehicle:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AR09JOQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

...with this antenna:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01559XYHQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Amazon.com: Tram 1180 Amateur Dual-Band NMO 38 Inch Antenna VHF 144-148 and UHF
430-450 MHz for Mobile Radios: GPS &amp;
Navigation<https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01559XYHQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1>
Amazon.com: Tram 1180 Amateur Dual-Band NMO 38 Inch Antenna VHF 144-148 and UHF
430-450 MHz for Mobile Radios: GPS &amp; Navigation
smile.amazon.com

I was concerned that the "back corner" mount would cause issues due to the lack
of ground plane, but it seems to work just fine...