I just wanted to see if I was looking at the same keys that you were.

Making a key is easy.  I once made a telegraph key from a peanut can and a couple of nails.  Making a good key is harder.

On the other hand, spending three hundred dollars for a key is not something I'm going to do on a whim.    If I buy a key I'm confident is good, I want to be sure it's something I am going to use, and I've used squeeze keys for 40 years.  Lately I've been thinking that I want to get a single-paddle key so I can practice using it either without a keyer or with a keyer configured in semiautomatic mode, but the stratospheric cost of most keys has made me hesitate to pull the trigger.  These are modest enough price-wise that I could possibly justify buying one just to try it out.