Interesting take.  I kind of read this as "we will do the work of renewing your
license for you for free if you join," and not as a trick to imply license
renewal fees...

________________________________
From: BVARC <bvarc-boun...@bvarc.org> on behalf of Theresa via BVARC
<bvarc@bvarc.org>
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2021 8:41 AM
To: BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB <bvarc@bvarc.org>
Cc: Theresa <klingte...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [BVARC] Fwd: [KARS] 2021 ARRL Handbook offer

Sorry, no.  The ARRL will not see another penny come from me in form of
membership.

They lost my vote when they sent me a letter when it was close to time for me
to renew my license saying:

Join us for <membership price> and we'll renew your license for free.

Which to me made it sound like there was a fee to renew my license, but if I
joined them, the fee would be waived.  Ofcourse there is no fee to renew your
license, you can do it fairly easily enough on your own through the ULS.

When I have they money to spare, I will support their save the bands fund,
occasionally buy books that I want.  They will never count me in their ranks as
a member again.

KE5MUX
Theresa

PS. This was 4 years ago, or there about.  I don't remember what the price was
in the letter.  All I do remember is that it sounded misleading to both myself
and my roommate and it made both of us pretty angry.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on
Android<https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&af_wl=ym&af_sub1=Internal&af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&af_sub3=EmailSignature>

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 6:02 AM, Neal Naumann via BVARC