Joe,

Amazon has those steel whips for about $65 each.   Might I suggest a work
around......Home Depot or Loews garden centers have green plastic 1/2" dia
rods used for plant support.   I think they have 8 footers but I know they
have 6 footers, as I have a few.

Use 2 of these as support for 8.5 ft of wire 10 meters) wrapped around
them.   This makes a great dipole.  Light weight and cheap.  you might be
able to use a 3/8 x 24 die to thread the center end to go into your center
support, if you use one of the commercial centers..

73 and GL...Rick -- W5RH

--
Rick Hiller
*e-mail:     rickhille...@gmail.com <rickhille...@gmail.com>*