What if your wife goes be he and not she? Just kidding.
Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 7, 2024, at 17:28, Wes Harris via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org> wrote:

Great discussion Anthony.

 I was working a very elderly gentleman during field day a couple years back.   I said 73 Old Man and all the hams around me listening were shocked and thought I was being offensive.  I explained that it was proper and hams call each other OM all the time and that I’ve been using it since my novice days in the late 70s.

My XYL Shannon does not like being referred to as XYL.   Hihi

She is mostly a good sport about the hobby but keeps her distance.   Lol

73 OM and YLs.

De W5WES
Wesley
Sent from my iPhone