Hi Mike,

No offense taken. We all have different experiences.
You describe some particularly bad banquet fares. I wouldn't want to go to
those either!

Last month I went to another radio club resturant get together.
But, as usual in a resturant setting, by the time you get your food, its cold.
The way it works for large groups in a resturant, its just too many meals to be
all delivered hot while the cooks see to your group AND also see to the rest of
the resturant patrons.
Its just the nature of the beast...

Last Dec 15th (a Friday night) I went to a banquet.
Attire was from Tuxedo down to Suit, white shirt and tie.
Professional caterers know how to do it right.
The food was excellent!!  Multiple courses were served.
Servers in formal uniforms served each table of 8 directly from the caterer
chef.
Hot and delicious.
After dinner we were served desert and hot coffee, and then the awards were
given.
It was a banquet, not just dinner. A very nice evening indeed!

Being special is what a banquet is. Otherwise its just lunch.  (my opinion)

Lastly, Mike N5VCX,
Just My Opinion,
a banquet is on Saturday evening, not a weekday after work (and at rush hour).

Have a good day,
Mike KI5MIK