POTA IS parks on the airSent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Tom Watson via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org>
Date: 2/3/24  6:18 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: BRAZOS VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
<bvarc@bvarc.org> Cc: Tom Watson <k5qb....@gmail.com> Subject: Re: [BVARC] Fw:
Changes to the POTA Event What is a POTA?On Sat, Feb 3, 2024, 3:22 PM Jeffery
MacMillian via BVARC <bvarc@bvarc.org> wrote:Good Afternoon,My better judgement
aside, I decided to chime in on this topic. First and foremost. I want to thank
Anthony and Kori and all the members involved in the POTA events. I do think
there were some small mistakes made along the way, but they were all quick
lessons and it all blossomed into a wonderful club event. I do not agree with
funding these events, but if it went through the board, we should all be OK
with it, or run for a position and make a different call. Either way, I don't
believe the club's charter states any requirement to keep anyone happy all the
time. Is POTA tied to BVARC? That is an easy one. NO. The only relation was the
initiative that was taken to start the event in the first place. POTA stands on
its own as an organization. Feel free to POTA away.  Change is normal and
healthy. Expect it. Get used to it. Embrace it. Please stop crying about it on
the reflector.  I was raised by a Marine and wwent to finishing school in the
Navy. I have just become aware that grown men have feelings and it weirds me
out a bit. There is some entertainment value to the reflector but most of what
I have seen is utter nonsense and complaining about things they won't go out of
their way to resolve. Please read your email aloud or to a loved one before
sending. This will help you avoid getting hurt feelings, disrespected, or any
number of misunderstandings that occur on the daily. A good dose of reality is
always good for the soul. Here is an easy to use chart to help you keep things
lined up. Perceptions  NOT RealityFeelings NOT RealityOptions NOT Reality Third
party Gosip  NOT Reality Reflector Nonsense NOT Reality POTA is what it is
(Poor Operators needing Technical Assistance)  We all move on to a better day.
Have Fun,JeffKC5TTOn Thu, Feb 1, 2024 at 4:29 PM anthony moro via BVARC
<bvarc@bvarc.org> wrote:Yes it was the disrespect on the leadership level. This
is the reason we have decided to go back to doing things the way we used to. So
I hope to see y'all out there in the future. On Thu, Feb 1, 2024 at 4:18 PM