Absolutely, John P., if the checker says it is good, well, maybe.  If it
says it is bad, as in shorted on the checker then believe it.

However it is quite possible for a "weak" tube to still do yeoman's duty
depending on the circuit.

There was a time when I was fixing TVs that when it was required to align
the IF stages, after connecting the sweep gear, just simply trying
different tubes in the three IF amplifier stages might bring you closer to
final alignment.  This was when tubes were plentiful, though.  Oh, by the
way, the IF bandpass was 6Mhz wide with an "M-derived" trap at 41.25 Mhz.

OK, sorry to bore with stories of "glory days"  but y'all are the only
audience that I can share stories like this with.

73
John, KI5HOC