On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Paul A. Thiessen wrote:
> I dunno how good a
> general fix this is - what sort of security implications it has - but since
> I'm using this only on my own personal laptop, not used by others, I'm not
> too worried.

The problem is that the server on the Win2K machine will be running with
SYSTEM privileges.  The purpose of the Guest logon is to drop those
elevated privileges, so as to minimize the consequences if a bad guy
should find a way to corrupt the server.

Once again, it would be better to run this on UNIX, where the technology
is better defined/refined.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.