On 2 Oct 2003 at 14:22, Mark Crispin wrote:

> Your system should have quite enough memory to handle the mail file that
> you describe.  Are you certain that you are using mbx format (files that
> have "*mbx*" as the first line)?

in the user's home dir

# head INBOX
*mbx*
3e3df7c800003343

# head "Sent Items"
Date: 02 Oct 2003 21:23:00 -0700
From: Mail System Internal Data <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA

This text is part of the internal format of your mail folder, and is not
a real message.  It is created automatically by the mail system software.

Hmm, is there a way to convert the sent items folder to mbx as it looks like
it's in mbox format....

> Have you tried upgrading to the latest version of UW imapd?
>  ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/mail/imap.tar.Z

No, as that is not something that I can easily do until late next week due to
time constraints. Idealy I'd like to find a workaround to this problem until
that time.
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting