On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Chris Bunch wrote:
> This builds fine omm under Mac OSX 10.3 Panther with "make oxp
> PASSWDTYPE=pam SSLTYPE=unix SSLDIR=/usr"

If you use "make oxp" you do not need "PASSWDTYPE=pam".

Why do you think you need SSLDIR=/usr ?

> (SSLTYPE=unix because I need both standard port 143 access locally and SSL
> for remote access: this is working fine on MacOS X 10.2 Jaguar))

If you use a good quality IMAP client, it will negotiate TLS on port 143
and you would not need SSLTYPE=unix.  SSLTYPE=unix is unsafe since if
anyone installs a sniffer on your network they can steal passwords.

> I can connect fine via 143 but it doesn't authenticate login:

Did you set up PAM for IMAP?  You need an /etc/pam.d/imap (or whatever
MacOS uses).

Note that I am not a MacOS expert.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc