I believe one of the things that has been holding back this release are
the build failures which have been occurring on some of the platforms. The
status for these is being tracked on the Wiki here [1]. I'm sure the
Xerces-C developers would appreciate help from the community to fix these
issues.

Thanks.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/xerces/XercescBuildStatus

Michael Glavassevich