On 06/07/17 21:28, Cantor, Scott wrote:
Are you using C++11 in the cmake CI builds on Linux? Just curious...it seems to
be detecting cstdint there but my autoconf test didn't due to that flag not
being enabled.

Yes.  It's the

  set(CMAKE_CXX_STANDARD 14)

line. This tries to use C++14, then if it fails it will fall back to C++11 and C++98. So it basically puts the compiler into the highest mode it can, and then we perform the feature tests with the compiler in that mode. The <cstdint> checks will fail if the compiler isn't in a suitable mode, and it will fall back to the other types.

I don't think we have an autoconf check for it, so there's nothing to enable it
if the compiler supports it.

I wrote the Autoconf AC_PROG_CXX support for C++11 back in 2013 (http://www.spinics.net/lists/ac/msg11596.html) but it appears not to have made it into a stable release yet. It might be possible to take a copy of the macro from Autoconf CVS. (This was before I discovered CMake!)

Regards,
Roger