On 2018-03-16 15:32, Cantor, Scott wrote:
> Why has this been removed?

That would be a bug.

It doesn't appear to be a distribution building regression, rather the
file isn't in svn on trunk that I can see unless it's been renamed. I
suspect it's a regression in the change that builds more of the
version-specific files, since this would have been one to do that
with.

It was removed in https://github.com/apache/xerces-c/commit/66023ed75fd2587d80fb7cb3ed4101b5ec88dc89

Version.rc was part of the Win32MsgLoader implementation, and it provided the string translations. It was dropped with the Win32MsgLoader removal.

If the rc metadata is important to retain, we could provide a message loader-independent rc file with just the version/vendor metadata?

Regards,
Roger