On 13/02/18 18:26, Álvaro Cebrián Juan wrote:
Hi Oliver and Roger,

First of all, thank you very much for your help.

I didn't know that the library was available in the Ubuntu repository. I
have installed the libxerces-c-dev library (version is 3.1.3) with the
package manager since I find it more convenient than dealing with the
environment variables myself.

Is there much difference between the 3.1 and 3.2 versions in general? Are
there any known critical changes that affect SAXCount?

There are a number of bugfixes, but the 3.1 version of SAXCount should be just fine for your needs.

The only problem that I have now is uninstalling the 3.2 version that I
built from source to avoid any clashes with version 3.1

I have tried with:

$ sudo make uninstall

but I get the error:

star@galaxy:~/xerces-c-3.2.0$ sudo make uninstall
make: *** No rule to make target 'uninstall'.  Stop.

It works for me. Did you run "make distclean"? You might need to re-configure it; make sure you use the same installation prefix!

% make uninstall
Making uninstall in doc
make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/x/doc/doc'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for 'uninstall'.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/x/doc/doc'
Making uninstall in src
make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/x/doc/src'
/bin/bash ../libtool --mode=uninstall rm -f '/usr/local/lib/libxerces-c.la' ( cd '/usr/local/include' && rm -f xercesc/util/ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.hpp xercesc/util/Base64.hpp xercesc/util/BaseRefVectorOf.hpp xercesc/util/BaseRefVectorOf.c xercesc/util/BinFileInputStream.hpp xercesc/util/BinInputStream.hpp xercesc/util/BinMemInputStream.hpp xercesc/util/BitOps.hpp xercesc/util/BitSet.hpp xercesc/util/CountedPointer.hpp xercesc/util/CountedPointer.c xercesc/util/DefaultPanicHandler.hpp xercesc/util/EmptyStackException.hpp xe
...etc

Regards,
Roger