On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, Sam Smith wrote:

I'm not too experienced, but here's how I think it works:

- you create a 'cactified' ear or war on the client machine
- deploy that to the server (j2ee or servlet container). The server
  will now deploy the .war (inside the .ear or separate) and make
  it available via HTTP (http://servername:port/webapp-context/).
  It contains a jsp or servlet provided by cactus that can run tests
  in the server.
- locally run the cactus ant task. It connects to the remote machine
  using HTTP, sends some commands to the special servlet/jsp, and parses
  the results that servlet/jsp produces.

I think this is on the site, btw.

-- Kenney