Hi,

I've been wanting to include some extra functionality in a model but
wanted to know the best CakePHP way of going about things.

For example we've got controllers and components, then views and
helpers.

I want my model to "behave" as normal but say use something like a
helper to process the text before saving / validation.  I did think
about processing certain content in the model with Geshi but could see
no easy way of doing so with adding it in all the models required or
the appmodel.

Should behaviours be used for this sort of thing?  As it doesn't quite
seem right to me at the moment.

Thanks for any help,
Dave