Many years ago, Ralph Sweet told me that teaching a
hey is easy if you've done a full chain prior to the
hey.  If it's the most typical design- women pass
right shoulders to begin- the path for the women is
exactly the same as a chain, without using hands.  The
men wait 2 counts, and then follow the women.

If necessary, you can let the women walk the hey alone
first, then have them men walk their part, and put it
together.  I've had no problems teaching a hey as long
as I've taught the chain before.

Susan Elberger