On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 3:16 AM, Kalia Kliban <ka...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> "Thank you for your support in advance of the first (of many!) Gentle
> English dances in Baltimore.  The intent was to provide tempo and
> choreographic accommodations to allow long-time dancers and new dancers
> alike to be challenged by a variety of dance puzzles, enjoy stunning music,
> and enjoy community, even if our bodies have been cranky about the idea."

Different dancers will have different issues.  One elderly dancer I
encounter regularly seems to be able to handle all the normal
maneuvers except she consistently takes 9 or 10 beats to get once
around in a swing.

Some adaptation can come from education (that all dancers should get).
 Allemande 1 1/2 can turn in to 1/2. Petronella twirl can be just a
shift. If you fall behind, you WON'T be able to catch up, so just get
to where you need to be for the next thing.