And thanks, Dave, for adding such good points to the discussion!
I might add that Dave was one of the first Board members of BIDA (Boston Intergenerational Dance Advocates), a group that has done an amazing job of promoting various community aspects at their monthly dance. I encourage folks to look at their web site. It is amazing what a group can accomplish when they have common goals and objectives!
http://bidadance.org/faq.html
Linda