I would like to second Dave's comment.  I dance with and talk with a lot of
newcomers and, especially, young people,  I've been told that some of the
flirting they've encountered is considered by some as down-right creepy.
 Many newcomers also feel overwhelmed by the excess twirling and hardcore
swinging.  Admittedly other newcomers are fine with it.  If you are a
regular at a dance, you can identify a newcomer in seconds.  Yu can also
figure out in seconds who is up for a flirt and who is not.  I don't know
why it so hard for some people to help other dancers rather than overwhelm
them.  I flirt early and often.  I clown more than most.  With the right
person I enjoy a vigorous swing (though with the wrong person they hurt my
back).  And when I was younger I sometimes got carried away.  But Dang!  We
need to remember that contra is a social dance, not an exhibition.  Thanks,
George