On Fri, Apr 19, 2013, Read Weaver wrote:

> I quite disagree, and this brings back the who-does-what
> question. Dance the role, not the genitals. It's a different issue
> from a 2-gents-swing or 2-ladies-swing dance, where a symmetrical hold
> may indeed make sense. But I expect to dance the role I'm dancing,
> whatever the apparent sex of the person I come across.

Overall, I agree with you, but I mostly don't have a problem when I'm
doing the woman's role and someone prefers a symmetrical swing.  (On the
gripping hand, I'm almost always getting into the swing with my hands
already in the correct location for ballroom position, so it's up to
them to make clear they want something different.)
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/