Aha!  So, there are two "Becket" formations in a double contra.

One is where a line of four travels together in two lines and the other is where there are four lines, and couples travel together in parallel lines, but do things together somewhere in the dance...

~erik hoffman
    oakland, ca

On 5/19/2013 11:09 PM, Michael Fuerst wrote:
Hello Eric:

Al Olson's dances  have a different formation from Major Hey.    In Al's
dances, four face four across the set and each time through the dance,  groups
of four advance left  to face a new group of four

Michael Fuerst      802 N Broadway      Urbana IL 61801       217-239-5844

________________________________
  From: Erik Hoffman <e...@erikhoffman.com>
To: Caller's discussion list <call...@sharedweight.net>
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 12:45 AM
Subject: Re: [Callers] Greenfield Formation
I made up a dance years ago, called Major Hey, a Becket 4-face-4. Never
knew we were nicknaming that "greenfield position."  Now, if someone
hadn't mentioned that Al Olson also played around with that idea, I'd
say, we need a West Coast name for that formation.  And since Major Hey
came out of a dance I did with George Marshall, at BACDS' Spring
Weekend, I'd suggest is should be called "Monte Toyon Formation."  But,
what the heck, I'm gonna just keep calling it a Becket Double Contra...

Major Hey
Becket Double Contra
Note Directions:
      Direction of Progression
      Direction of "original wall"

A1   In fours, circle left 3/4, pass through up & down in Direction of
Progression
          With neighbor you meet, swing.  End facing partner (four long
lines)
A2   Those lines go forward & back
          Men allemande left 1-1/2 to make a wave of 8 across
(W-M-M-W-W-M-M-W)
B1    Rory O'More Balances, towards partner,
B2    Half a hey for eight, start passing partners right shoulder
C1    Partner balance & swing

And, yes, another 40-bar dance....

~erik hoffman
      oakland, ca