When the "swing" comes up, I'll often say "hook right elbows, or take 2 hands,
or any other swing you like to do and just be careful not to *hurt* anybody
else". That usually takes care of it. Sometimes I'm brave and just say "swing!"
and most will automatically hook elbows, the rest either do the swing they like
to do (like a regular contradance buzz-step swing), or look around and do what
looks like it makes sense.. As the evening progresses, there will be a bit of a
learning curve. It's hardly ever a problem.. DEFINITELY don't spend a lot of
time TEACHING "how to do it right" here or any other time unless in a REALLY
rare situation the dancers get into it and want that..

bill