So, Eric, in your alternating version of "Chorus Jig", what
happens after the #1 couples swing?  Do they fall back to
proper sides (M1 to caller's R; W1 to caller's L) and the 2s
cast up the hall from a standing start?  And then after the
2s have their partner swing, do they also fall back proper
(M2 to caller's R, W2 to caller's L?  If dancers are indeed
proper (men to caller's R, women to callers L) in A1 and A2,
regardless of whether 1s or 2s are busy, then, as I figure
it, dancers alternately experience cw and ccw rotation during
the assisted cast off (by contrast with the ordinary "Chorus
Jig" where it's always ccw for men and cw for women) and it
will be M2 rather than W2 who needs to free his right arm
from around his same-sex neighbor's back in order to start
contra corners.  Do I have this right, or am I missing
something?

--Jim