Regarding Chicago's Queer Contra: The principal organizer moved away and a few
folks are trying to revive it.
There they were using bands and bares and I spoke with many that, though the
gender-neutral tone was awesome, as a general consensus the words bands and
bares sound exactly the same thru a mic.
Cara
(Chicago)

Sent to you using thumbs.