This is only marginally relevant, but when demonstrating a move I often
will take the newest dancers I can and use them as my demonstrators --
walking them through the move while assuring them they can do it.  I also
throw in little hints like "You're not going to remember everything, so
don't bother," "You don't have to be perfect," and "You'll find you're
learning as you go." I also tell new dancers on the floor, "just walk." We
make everything too damned complicated.  Of course, when I'm dancing, I
scream when I make a mistake. It tends to relieve pressure on others. When
I'm on the mic, I repeatedly ask experienced dancers to give hints and nods
and do a lot of pointing.  It doesn't work for every situation, but ....
Rely on the other dancers to help and ask them to ensure evryone has a
chance on the floor. As I said, it's only tangentially useful.